Sonntag, 11. März 2007

Thoughts about cooking

Some say, 2 hours of cooking is too long when the meal’s eaten in only 15 minutes. I have a different opinion on that one. It really depends on the occasion, on the guests you have and on what you want to achieve.

Yes, there are times when I just put some frozen pre-prep-meal in the microwave oven. But this just happens when I had a long day and don’t want to cook and don’t want to eat bread, cheese and meat. Mostly when I cook for myself I do some Asian food in the wok or just the ordinary pasta with pre-prep gravy. Sometimes I put a steak in the oven together with rosemary and garlic. But these are rather rare exceptions. Since I’m living alone with my brother there’s not many opportunities for big cooking. Whom should I impress? Eating is basically providing the body with food. But still it’s very interesting what you can do with this oldest need of life in general.

So I prepared the Lemon Chicken with self-made roquette-pesto, and it did take 2 hours. But since it was a test for my mom’s birthday it really was worth it. I made some minor mistakes and miscounted the amounts of some ingredients, but in the end I took a very tasty meal out of the oven and was really happy with it.

2 Kommentare:

Unknown hat gesagt…

Happy belated birthday to your mom, what date was it?

P's is on Monday (17th)...

And yes cooking can be so much fun when it's with the right company..

I think you should take photos and post something on some of the dishes you have done in that large oven of your parents. I often fantasize about having pizza and other meals and chatting and having a good time...

P. hat gesagt…

She meant the 19th :)