Samstag, 10. März 2007

Lemon Chicken

Yesterday was one of these days when you think that everything breaks when you touch it. I ended up taking four (4!) attempts for having dinner. Later on I went to bed loaded with frustration about such a bad day - and in fact a very frustrating week at work. Even better to wake up this morning to Shanya Twain's 'Up' - 'there's no other way but up from here'. And behold: A sunny morning and no rain in sight. As I went to bed yesterday night it was pouring...

I had to get myself a new pair of trousers since I ruined my last clean pair yesterday night with half a liter of french dressing - one of my dinner-attempts - and I couldn't do any laundry before today afternoon. So I took the train to Aarau and tried my luck at an outdoor-shop first, where I had ordered two pair of pants about 6 months ago - but they still keep me waiting. Next shop was Men's Globus and finally success: The saleswoman did her job so well that I walked out with actually two pair of new trousers.

Climax of the day will be my dinner: I'll try out some special Italian meal that I will cook for the whole family on my mom's birthday in April. The main dish will be Lemon Chicken filled with self-made roquette-pesto, and sage-butter pasta. The catch is: Since the paste is spiced with sage, normal pesto made with basil would taste too pale with the ckicken. So I take roquette which adds some 'roughness' to the ckicken as well. Yet I'm not sure about the starter. A creamy soup with the rest of the roquette would probably be the easiest to make. No idea about the desert though, guess I'll just wait and see what's in the stores by mid-April that kind of fitts the main dish and the desert. I'll definitely not go for some simple fruit salat, it'll have to be something a bit more sophisticated. ;-)

Hope you're hungry too now, I'll update you when I'm through with cleaning the kitchen.

Keine Kommentare: