Donnerstag, 8. März 2007

Spring is coming!


Yes, finally spring is coming! Despite all prophicy of doom we didn't get any snow at the beginning of March - last year we got about 70cm at this time of year. Now we're looking at some 10° C (50° F for our American friends) and more or less dry weather. Even my Nepenthes has some spring fever: Three new, tiny weeny cans are growing, although Nepenthes are known to be rather demanding plants and not easy to handle.



In fact I did have some trouble with this plant: In the first 6 months all well-grown cans withered and died, so that i had doubts about my abilities of growing plants. But now I'm really satisfied with me and my 'baby'.


Here are two of the new cans. I couldn't take a picture of the third one, because it's hidden behind a ton of leafs.

3 Kommentare:

Unknown hat gesagt…

now you say cans? Did they start from cans? or is that what you just call them...

They are beautiful. We have had too much rain here but spring is starting too.. We should get great colors in the next few weeks... and I hope less rain!

P. hat gesagt…

Grüezi Pascal! Is that the one that was hanging in the room Jen and I slept in? If it is, I'm glad to see it is doing well. Thanks to your green thumb of course!

Nice to see you have a blog. Jen and I are looking forward to reading your interesting thoughts!

PFlight2000 hat gesagt…

Well, I'm not too sure if it's caled 'can' in english. In german the plant is called 'Kannenpflanze' since it traps insects in these things and 'eats' them.

@p: Yes, it's the plant you've seen in your sleeping room.