Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2008

The New Mercedes-Benz Museum

Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz?

Janis Joplin, 'Mercedes Benz'

A couple of weeks ago I joined my dear brother on a drive to Stuttgart, to meet with some of his bush taxi-friends at the Mercedes-Benz Museum. Although Mercedes-Benz in itself should already be an offence to a real bush taxi pilot it was really interesting for the whole bunch of us. Here are some pictures:



First steps...


Benz Motorwagen – the very first car with a piston engine


First touring cars...


That would be mine: Mercedes-Benz 500K


To whom do these exhaust pipes belong...?


Exactly: THE LEGEND, Mercedes-Benz 300 SL!!!


The sexiest car-front made in Germany


Hot-water rocket as used to drive cars in crash-tests


Here comes luxury: Maybach 62S. How many houses could I buy for the same money...?


If your car looks like this under the bonnet it’s a fast car

After a long and exhausting day at the museum we parted and drove back home - another 250 km with only 100 km/h on Germany's unlimited highways. But what do you want with a Toyota HZJ78...

1 Kommentar:

Unknown hat gesagt…

oh that is interesting! We actually went car shopping today... I'm still up in the air on how much money I want to spend.. I guess in the end, the lowest interest rate will win me over... hmmm... You might get a ride in this new car too.