Montag, 4. Februar 2008

Stupid...?

Yesterday I came across this not-too-serious report about Americans being stupid from CNN. At first I thought 'oh yeah, the typical answers you'd expect from Americans'. Today when I discussed the film with a couple of work mates I came to the following conclusion:

First off, I don't think ALL Americans are stupid - of course there are some, just as there are stupid Swiss, stupid Scotts, stupid Germans... The second thing is: The reporter only showed us the stupid answers - I bet there were lots of correct and thoughtful answers. And if you ask enough people you'll get similar answers in Switzerland or anywhere else in the world as well.

I see this report as a nice dispersal - a good laugh from time to time. Nothing more. I don't see any deeper sense in it, and I don't see any clishees confirmed in it.

Look at it and laugh if you can - I can. And I think I could even laugh if this was about Swiss being stupid.

1 Kommentar:

Unknown hat gesagt…

I think I'd believe the report!