Dienstag, 5. Juni 2007

I hope I die before I get old

Who's the oldest rock singer in the world? Well, it's definitely not Mick Jagger, since Alf Carretta could even be Mick's dad - he's 90 years old! And here's the story:

Alf likes to play Bingo. But the city council of London decided to shut down Alf's favourite bingo hall. So he turned to BBC and asked them to do something about it. But instead of making a documentation about how badly old people get treated in the UK they invited the whole old people's home where Alf lives and recorded a hard rock album. They're first single 'My Generation' - originally by The Who - has just reached the Top 30 of the British Single Charts, and the video clip has reached top scores at youtube.

Together the 40 members of the band are over 3'000 years old, with an average age of 78. You GOT to watch this - especially the old bloke at the end of the clip!!!



You have to agree with me: These are angry old people! They don't like being treated like they have been treated. And the line 'I hope I die before I get old' just becomes something else when 90 years old Alf sings it.

If you want to find out more about The Zimmers, check out these sites:

http://www.thezimmersonline.com/
http://www.myspace.com/thezimmersband

Have fun!

2 Kommentare:

P. hat gesagt…

I saw three of them on the tonight show with Jay Leno last night. They were very inspiring and positive in their comments. One of the ladies, 98 years old I think, recited some naughty poetry she recently wrote. What a good laugh.

Unknown hat gesagt…

yeah P told me about it.. So cool!