Freitag, 20. Februar 2009

Just another day at Masoala Rainforrest...

Finally I got myself a macro lens. And of course I had to try it out immediately. So what better to do than taking the camera to the shop and then leaving for the zoo's giant Masoala building?

At first I was a bit worried since I always struggle keeping the camera still. And with a macro lens of that focal length (105mm) and that aperture (f/2.8) you get a depth of field of only one or two millimeters at miminum distance. See the berry, that's only about 5mm big:

Von Masoalah!


Time for some animals:

Von Masoalah!


How many years of turtle-life do you count on this picture?

Von Masoalah!


Von Masoalah!


Von Masoalah!


Von Masoalah!


After having taken the usual pics of the cameleon and the turtles, I thought it was about time to see something new. It didn't take me long to find a couple of crested couas, and one was kind enough to pose for my camera:

Von Masoalah!


And then something very unusual happened: Normally the lemurs in the masoala building hide in the trees or climb up and down the roof, so you don't really get near them. But today an aloatra gentle lemur appeared upfront of my camera and climbed down the tree very slowly, letting me take several pictures. Things don't get much better than this!!!

Von Masoalah!


Von Masoalah!


Von Masoalah!


Von Masoalah!

1 Kommentar:

Unknown hat gesagt…

That first pic is incredible. I must say I am entirely jealous that you can go to the zoo A LOT!!!! I must find out where I can go lots.. Well that's in between all of the training I've started doing...