Samstag, 28. Juni 2008

At the zoo

Ok, it's been already three weeks now that I attended a foto-class at the zoo in Zurich. But I just focused on other things these three weeks. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag right now, since things are still in the making.


The course was actually really interesting, though my camera didn't play along. The teacher, a well-known animal-photographer in Switzerland, lent me one of his lenses, a 70-200mm F2.8 VR. But my camera wasn't able to focus correctly with that lens, and so all pictures I did with this one got blurred. Nonetheless I'm convinced that this is probably one of the next lenses I'll get for my camera - if I get to save enough money, since it costs about as much as the D300 itself... But next will definitely be a decent macro-lens. :)


But here you go: One of Masoala's giant turtles, taken with my own 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 VRII. The limited aperture-setting leads to slight motion-blur even though VRII is doing a very good job. You may not see it: That thing is about 1m long, far more than 150kg and close to 100 year old! I like the mirror-effect on the water pretty much... :)

2 Kommentare:

Unknown hat gesagt…

what a great shot!!! Love it.. Yes I want the 18-200 VR lense also! As well as the D300 camera. ;-)

PFlight2000 hat gesagt…

I've tested the 18-200, but didn't like it. The distortion is too big on both ends of the zoom. I was actually talking about the 70-200 F2.8, whitch is a Professional-line lens that costs something around CHF 2'500. I have the 16-85 and the 70-300. Also I just got the 'old' 50mm F1.8 two days ago, especially for portraits. Next weekend I can tell you what this one's worth...