Freitag, 25. Mai 2007

The good new of the week

I don't have to go to hospital! That was one huge reliev when I was laying on the couch at the doctor's.

It all startet on Tuesday late evening when I almost puked my guts out. No sleep at all that night, but on Wednesday - I stayed at home that day - things seemed to improve a bit. On Wednesday evening the pains in the guts came on big time and I thought I just had an occlusion. But in the night I got diarrhea and the pain in the guts got worse.

The very next day a pharmacist refused to sell me medication against occlusion since the symptoms led him to the assumption that I had appendicitis.

DAMN!

I don't want to go to hospital! Not in this wonderful springtime. Not when they need every single employee in our company. NOT AT ALL!!!

But since my health condition got worse throughout Thursday I had to face the fact that there was probably something going horribly wrong in my belly. So this morning I called the doctor's and declared an emergency. They booked me at 9 in the morning - and I was alone with no car. The doctor is in the next village, and I couldnt possibly walk or sit on a bicycle.The pain got worse...

Fortunately my brother went to work late gave me a ride to the next Mobility car. So at least I could drive to and from the doctor's, how I would get back home was not of a major concern to me then.

So there I was on the couch, telling the doctor where it hurts - and believe it or not: 'That's just a flu...' She subscribed me some strong medication on a biological basis and told me to come again when I start to get high fever.

Lucky me. I'm home, and now that the pressure is off the pains are slowly disappearing. Walking is good, just sitting around triggers the pains again.

3 Kommentare:

P. hat gesagt…

What a nasty Flu! I hope you get well soon. I think it's great that you use the mobility cars. There are also some car sharing programs here in Vancouver but they aren't very popular. It's very difficult for north americans to get over their love of personal vehicles.

Ciao!

PFlight2000 hat gesagt…

Thanks for your concern. I'm already feeling better now. I think half of the pain was because I was afraid of maybe having to go to the hospital. And the meds the doctor subscribed me do the rest.

Mobility is the bigest car sharing program in Switzerland with 1800+ cars and 17000+ participants. It's a really good thing, because in almost every village in Switzerland there's at least one car.

Unknown hat gesagt…

Glad you are better now though!